Monday, April 15, 2013

TOM BROWN'S CONFESSIONS OF A ZAPPA FANATIC

Let me take a minute to tell you how much I liked reading Tom Brown's "Confesstions Of A Zappa Fanatic".

Tom Brown is featured on The Grandmothers' "Lookin' Up Grannie's Dress" album. Tom played the drums in Zoogz Rift band. Tom worked at Rhino Records where he compiled the Beat The Boot series.
These are not just mere facts in my appreciation of Frank Zappa's (and Zoogz) music. These are landmarks.

In "Confessions Of A Zappa Fanatic", Tom shares his experiences. Because of the various links to the people, the albums and the music that are also part of my musical world, I find it very easy to relate to his stories. It's so close to my perception that it's likeTom was sitting next to me while I was reading his book.

Thanks Tom !!

A must-read.




No comments:

Post a Comment